Monday, November 15, 2021

Self-Care Rewards

 In my last post, I discussed the importance of self-care and how to start managing your own self-care in your life.  I encouraged everyone to take an active approach to achieving self-care by making a written contract with yourself which focuses on your goals and how you will reward yourself for earning each of those goals.  


Now for the rewards, my favorite part.  I have compiled a list of rewards that complement the self-care goals that I have set for myself as well as those that I encourage you to do.  They range in price from below $10 to $150 each, but each are well worth the money for the amount of self-care they will help provide.  Only you can decide the amount that you are willing to spend on your own well-being.  Plus, as my mother says, you deserve it.


Below $25

Posh Pocket  Adult Coloring Book 


This pocket coloring book is just what you need for relaxing and meditating after a long day.  I have one similar to this one, and I use it not only at home but also when I travel.  Sometimes adults need an activity when traveling in the car along with the kids.






I don't know about you, but I like to have a choice when it comes to the mouth of a water bottle.  This combination pack has you covered for all of your drinking needs.  







I have never slept with an eye mask to block out the light, but I have used them for migraines.  This sleep mask comes with removable gel pads that can be heated or cooled depending on your needs.  I might just get this one so that I have a beautiful backup.






I have several pairs of leggings, but none to the caliber of these soft babies.  These leggings are great for yoga, lounging around the house, or getting through security at the airport.






VegNews Magazine has to be my all-time favorite food magazine.  However, it is not just about food.  It's articles highlight the plant-based lifestyle from food to cosmetics, travel, and more.  I learn something new every time I pick up this magazine.





Moleskines were my first papery addiction.  I love writing in them, and they are perfect for journaling and reflection.  However, the paper can be thin, so avoid using a fountain pen in this expanded version of my favorite journal.



Less than $50



Nothing goes better with meditation than a wonderful candle.  Homesick candles are scented according to fond memories.  I am anxious to try this one which smells of New Orleans (hopefully Uptown and not the French Quarter), my second home and first love.





When it comes to the world of yoga, Gaiam is one of the best brands.  Not only do the beautiful mats make you want to lie in the happy baby pose all day long, but they support you fully as you move from mountain pose to downward dog.  I love my own mat that I purchased during my first attempt at self-care during COVID-19 last year.





If you are anything like me, you burn to a crisp in the sun.  I am sure it is a combination of medications plus the fact that you can use my legs as a night light at bedtime.  In order to keep me from burning to a crisp during outside swimming, I use a rash guard swimsuit with an SPF of 50+.  This swimsuit from Daci has been on my wishlist since summer.  I just love the colors!






I have done a lot of research on water bottles lately, and this one keeps topping everyone's list of vacuum sealed, dual insulated stainless steel water bottles.  I am not sure that I can bring myself to pay this much for a water bottle, but I'm worth it, right?







Women's Health rank these tennis shoes as the best walking shoe with memory foam.  At just over $40, it is a steal!  I wish I had done some research before buying my recent pair of not-so-wonderful Skechers Go Walk shoes.  This one will be purchased before my next big vacation.




Greater than $50


Who doesn't like to listen to music or audiobooks when they work out?  These noise-cancelling ear buds are just what you need for that morning jog on the treadmill or that 6-hour cross-country commute.  






For me, nothing excites the brain more than a good book.  While I do not have an Audible subcription yet, I hope to get one soon.  Then I will be able to listen to Harry Potter while reading Harry Potter (not to mention watching Harry Potter).  Sometimes, a good book is all you need to relax the mind and soothe the soul.   One of my friends swears by audiobooks, so why not go with the best source out there.


I hope that you find all of these self-care rewards useful.  Sometimes, not knowing how to reward yourself can be a stumbling block to achieving a goal.  And remember that all rewards do not have to be tangible.  You can work toward a stay-cation or a trip to the spa, whatever trips your trigger.  Just be sure that you have a whole list of rewards for the next time you achieve a self-care goal.























No comments:

Post a Comment