Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Using Outside Materials with MyMemories Suite 3

What?!?  You still haven't decided to buy the MyMemories Suite 3 Software?  Never fear!  You don't have to settle down on simply MyMemories content for your scrapbooking needs:  You can use outside content (such as those from the sites listed to the right hand side of the page) to create all of the pages you want including papers, embellishments, and quick pages.  But for those of you just getting started, I have created my own list for using outside content as well as the links provided by MyMemories.  I suggest that you print out the PDF file and keep it handy because you will want to refer to it often.

1- Choose a place on your computer where you would like to save your outside content.  (I have a folder on my desktop.)

2- Decide how you want to separate your outside content so that it is easy for you to find and use.  Create a folder for each separate "theme." (I use 5 folders: Alphabets, Directions, Embellishments, Papers, and Quick Pages.)

3- Divide each folder into an easy system for you to use an access.  You don't want to save tons of outside content and not be able to find any of it.  (I divide my Embellishments based on type, while I divide my papers based on colors.)

4- Back up your outside content!!!  I have spent countless hours downloading and separating mostly free outside content.  I plan on saving these to a back-up hard drive (which are dirt cheap right now because of the holiday sales) as well as burning them to a DVD.

Now for the tutorials:

Lisa J's Video Tutorial on Using Outside Content

Lisa J's PDF on Using Outside Content

Remember to live the Suite Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment